- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Amtrak has frequent service from Philadelphia's 30th Street Station to Wilmington's station at Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and French Street on the edge of downtown. It's a 25-minute ride.
SEPTA's R2 commuter train has hourly departures to Wilmington from Philadelphia's Suburban, 30th Street, and Market East train stations. The trip takes one hour.
Amtrak (800/872-7245. www.amtrak.com.)
SEPTA (215/580-7800. www.septa.com.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $55 -- Cirque du Soleil Big Top Show near Philly, Reg. $70 Cirque du Soleil