- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hotel du Pont
At a Glance
- fine dining, luxe ambience, responsive service
- small elevators, staff can be too formal, few restaurants or shops in immediate vicinity
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel du Pont Review
Built in 1913 by Pierre S. du Pont, this luxury hotel in downtown Wilmington has hosted everyone from Charles Lindbergh to John F. Kennedy. The elegant 12-story building radiates an Old World feel. The lobby has a spectacular carved, gilded, and painted ceiling, polished marble walls, and Queen Anne and Chippendale furnishings. The walls display more than 700 original works of art, including Wyeths and Schoonovers. The spacious guest rooms have a contemporary flair, with soothing Tuscan yellow color schemes and earthy textures. The Green Room is known for its marvelous Sunday brunches.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
That's quite a mouthful, so I'll just use Tinicum for short.
Today was a gorgeous spring day, the first day that really felt like spring all the way through. Happily, this was also the day chosen for ou Read more
We're here! Read more
What would be the best way to get from Philadelphia Convention Center to the airport (for two teachers) Airport Shuttle? Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more