- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Nemours Mansion and Gardens
Nemours Mansion and Gardens Review
For a look at how the very wealthy lived, visit Nemours Mansion and Gardens, a 300-acre country estate built for Alfred I. du Pont in 1910. This modified Louis XVI château, which underwent a $39 million restoration that was completed in 2008, showcases 102 rooms of European and American furnishings, rare rugs, tapestries, and art dating to the 15th century. The gardens, reminiscent of those at Versailles, are landscaped with fountains, pools, and statuary. The estate can be seen only on guided two-hour tours. Visitors must be at least 12 years old.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
That's quite a mouthful, so I'll just use Tinicum for short.
Today was a gorgeous spring day, the first day that really felt like spring all the way through. Happily, this was also the day chosen for ou Read more
We're here! Read more
We were supposed to visit Lancaster a few years ago, but the trip fell through. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more