This historic property—part of William Penn's land grant to the Hemphill family—carves out a tranquil 50 acres of Brandywine Valley countryside. Rooms in the 1734 Quaker farmhouse include the Dormer, once a hospital for the Underground Railroad. Rooms in the 1815 Georgian addition have four-poster beds and fireplaces. Among the seven cottages are a former greenhouse and the thoroughly modern Hemphill and Brandywine units, with gas fireplaces and flat-screen TVs. Both fun and nature are bountiful here, thanks to a billiards room, massage services, and hiking trails. The three-course breakfast is served in the dining room or on the outdoor patio, which overlooks the pond and the resident horses and goats.