Side Trips from Philadelphia Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Brandywine River Museum: The work of iconic American painter Andrew Wyeth, as well as that of his illustrator father, N. C. Wyeth, and son, Jamie, is celebrated at this museum.
Longwood Gardens: The internationally renowned gardens and conservatories are worth a visit any time of the year.
From farm to table: Enjoy a gourmet lunch in the homey Talula's Table in Kennett Square or stock up on provisions for a picnic lunch or supper.
American History lesson: Valley Forge, the site of the American revolutionary force's difficult encampment in the winter of 1777, is now a lovely park with miles of walking and jogging trails.
One man's treasure: The collection of American furniture and objects amassed by Henry Francis du Pont at Winterthur offers a window on the nation's past through design.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe