- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Immortalized in Andrew Wyeth's serene landscapes, Chadds Ford was less bucolic in the 18th century, when one of the bloodiest battles of the Revolutionary War was fought here along Brandywine Creek. A battlefield park and a fine art museum celebrating American masters, including Brandywine Valley natives, make this historic town appealing. There are some pretty side roads to explore as well.
Chadds Ford at a Glance
Elsewhere in Side Trips from Philadelphia
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's