- Brandywine River Museum The work of iconic American painter Andrew Wyeth, as well as that of his illustrator father, N. C. Wyeth, and son, Jamie, is celebrated at this museum.
- Longwood Gardens The internationally renowned gardens and conservatories are worth a visit any time of the year.
- From farm to table Enjoy a gourmet lunch in the homey Talula's Table in Kennett Square or stock up on provisions for a picnic lunch or supper.
- American History lesson Valley Forge, the site of the American revolutionary force's difficult encampment in the winter of 1777, is now a lovely park with miles of walking and jogging trails.
- One man's treasure The collection of American furniture and objects amassed by Henry Francis du Pont at Winterthur offers a window on the nation's past through design.
THE GREAT AMERICAN VACATION
Eager to explore the U.S.? Our trip finder will help you find the perfect destination.More