- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Philadelphia can be expensive, although it's less so than New York. A cup of coffee will cost $1 at a food cart but $2-$3 at an upscale restaurant; a sandwich will set you back $4-$8. Taxi rides begin at $2.70 and can quickly add up to $6 or more for a ride across Center City. Most sites in Independence National Historical Park are free; museums in the city cost $3-$16.
Prices are given for adults. Substantially reduced fees are almost always available for children, students, and senior citizens.
ATMs and Banks
Automatic teller machines are available in the lobbies or on the outside walls of most banks. They can also be found at branches of the local convenience store chain Wawa, and in larger grocery stores.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's