- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Cabs cost $2.70, plus 23¢ per 0.10 mi thereafter. They're plentiful downtown and throughout Center City—especially along Broad and Market streets and near major hotels and train stations. At night, during primetime hours, your best bet is to go to a hotel and have the doorman hail a taxi for you. Or, you can call for a cab, but they frequently show up late and occasionally never arrive. Be persistent: calling back if the cab is late will often yield results. Recently, each cab in Center City has been outfitted with a credit-card machine, so you can pay your fare using a major credit card, just tell the driver to put the meter in "time off" mode when you are ready to pay. The standard tip for cabdrivers is about 20% of the total fare.
Olde City Taxi (215/338–0838. www.215airport.com.)
Quaker City Cab (215/726–6000.)
Yellow Cab (856/963–4100.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's