- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Philadelphia and the surrounding areas are in the eastern time zone. Daylight saving time is in effect from mid-March through late October; Eastern standard time, the rest of the year. Clocks are set ahead one hour when daylight saving time begins, back one hour when it ends. Philadelphia is three hours ahead of Los Angeles and one hour ahead of Chicago.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $55 -- Cirque du Soleil Big Top Show near Philly, Reg. $70 Cirque du Soleil