- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Head House Square: On weekends from May through December, peruse the wares from local farmers and artisans at this historic marketplace.
House museums: See how well the Colonial era's movers and shakers lived by touring two of the city's most gracious residences, the Physick and Powel houses.
Mother Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church: This house of worship also served as a stop on the Underground Railroad.
South Street: Stroll the city's funkiest shopping district.
Washington Square: Have a picnic or kick back on a bench at this lush park, one of the city's original squares and also the graveyard for 2,600 British and American soldiers who died in the Revolutionary War.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe