- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Head House Square: On weekends from May through December, peruse the wares from local farmers and artisans at this historic marketplace.
House museums: See how well the Colonial era's movers and shakers lived by touring two of the city's most gracious residences, the Physick and Powel houses.
Mother Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church: This house of worship also served as a stop on the Underground Railroad.
South Street: Stroll the city's funkiest shopping district.
Washington Square: Have a picnic or kick back on a bench at this lush park, one of the city's original squares and also the graveyard for 2,600 British and American soldiers who died in the Revolutionary War.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's