- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Rustic Portuguese dishes at this eatery are served up family-style in terra-cotta crocks inside a rambling dining room with exposed brick, hanging copper pots, and lace curtains on the windows. The waiter will steer you toward the braised chicken gizzards and roast suckling pig, but there's plenty on the menu for the less robust. A summer seafood salad has generous chunks of lobster, crab, and shrimp marinated in piri piri (Portuguese hot sauce) tossed with citrus and watercress to delicious effect. The salt cod and potato croquettes are light and lemony, and the baked duck rice, which is rice cooked in duck stock and topped with slices of seared duck breast, is the perfect accompaniment to the lighter seafood entrées. Get a doggie bag to leave room for the beautiful desserts.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We left New Jersey and went straight to our hotel The Windsor Suites. Read more
A few months ago, a friend of mine got married in a spur of the moment wedding to allow his father to make the wedding before his health went further downhill due to his battle with ALS. Read more
Paul, you indicated that your wife works at West Chester University. Read more
· News & Features
Visitors in the know about Disney's new parks system are sure to experience a much smoother vacation tha ... Read more
Mexico City's art scene is vibrant, solid, and ever-flourishing.... Read more
Last week, JW Marriott Hanoi debuted in Hanoi, Vietnam, following in the footsteps of two other JW Marrio... Read more