- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Square 1682 Review
Stylish young city dwellers visit the bar and lounge at the arty Hotel Palomar (the city's first Kimpton) because it's a great place for a cocktail and a trendy bar snack. For dinner, you ascend a floating staircase to an upstairs dining room and settle into a plush banquette to sample chef Guillermo Tellez's eclectic menu. The food is billed as American but it has a global twist. Tellez is a Charlie Trotter protégé who grew up in Mexico and likes to factor in flavors from the Mediterranean and Asia. Even old standbys like roast chicken and pork tenderloin are served with an inventive flourishes—the chicken with chayote-pineapple salsa and the pork with udon noodles. The apple-cider fritters with vanilla ice cream, however, are deliciously straightforward.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We're here! Read more
We left New Jersey and went straight to our hotel The Windsor Suites. Read more
Since San Francisco and New York have had their turn, here's some love for Philadelphia food:
1. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more