- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
At a Glance
- superhip yet comfortable
- eco-friendly and LEED Gold certified
- good location hear Rittenhouse Square restaurants
- allows pets, including barking dogs
- standard rooms are cleverly designed but a bit small
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Palomar Philadelphia Review
The Palomar perhaps marks the apex of Philadelphia's recent surge of hip hotels; three brightly colored busts of Ben Franklin greet you in this Kimpton property's chic lobby alongside a comfy fireside living room. Touches of purple enliven the bright guest rooms, which have stylish modern furnishings. But it's not all about looks—the hotel staff is über friendly and helpful. Cool amenities abound: autosensor temperature controls, iHomes, locally made products in the minibar, and leopard-print robes. The hotel offers free yoga class on Wednesday nights and sponsors a 3-mile "Rocky run" to the Philadelphia Museum of Art steps on Wednesday mornings. Kids get a free toy at check-in, child-sized leopard-print robes, and "cookie currency," which enables them to purchase cookies and milk from room service. Complimentary wine is served at 5 pm in the lobby.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
That's quite a mouthful, so I'll just use Tinicum for short.
Today was a gorgeous spring day, the first day that really felt like spring all the way through. Happily, this was also the day chosen for ou Read more
We're here! Read more
What would be the best way to get from Philadelphia Convention Center to the airport (for two teachers) Airport Shuttle? Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more