- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
When chef Lynne Marie Rinaldi opened Paradiso in 2005 two blocks from where she grew up, she sparked a restaurant renaissance in a section of South Philadelphia formerly known as a source for spaghetti with gravy. By proving that an upscale, sleek eatery can flourish in what was once Rocky country, Rinaldi has developed a reputation as a pioneer and a devoted following. Favorites are the remarkably light potato gnocchi with tomato and basil; rabbit cacciatore with mascarpone polenta; and any of the pastas, made fresh—of course—nearby at the Italian Market. The extensive wine list includes some varieties even oenophiles may never have heard of.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We're here! Read more
We left New Jersey and went straight to our hotel The Windsor Suites. Read more
What would be the best way to get from Philadelphia Convention Center to the airport (for two teachers) Airport Shuttle? Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more