- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- Tasteful, warm decor makes you feel like you're staying with friends
- rooms larger than some luxury properties
- Some complain about noise and inattentive staff
Check Rates from our Partners
The Independent Review
The Independent is among a handful of newer boutique alternatives to Philadelphia's big convention hotels. This property features 24 well-appointed, hip rooms that are all uniquely furnished, but share a warm butterscotch and ochre palette with funky accents, such as leopard-print rugs, exposed brick walls, and copper-tiled ceilings. The hotel's corridors ring a skylighted four-story atrium adorned with a local artist's work. Complimentary wine and cheese is served every evening in the cozy lobby, and a continental breakfast is served there Monday through Thursday. With an unaffiliated nightclub downstairs, some complain of noise, particularly in the second-floor rooms. The hotel prefers guests to be 21 or older.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We're here! Read more
We left New Jersey and went straight to our hotel The Windsor Suites. Read more
Hello - Want to plan a summer vacation within driving (up to 10 hours drive) distance of Philadelphia, PA. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more