- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Water Works Restaurant
The Water Works Restaurant Review
In the late 1800s these neoclassical structures on the river were a trendy hangout for Victorians passing through. After lying fallow for many years, the place reopened in 2006 as a restaurant and bar that makes full use of the magnificent view from the grand columned terrace. The food impresses, too. Highlights from the menu, American with touches of the Mediterranean and Greece (the owners are Greek), are the grilled haloumi cheese appetizer, pan-seared bass in saffron-infused tomato broth, and vanilla-butter poached lobster with truffled mashed potato. This place calls for dressing up—no jeans or sneakers.
- Address: 640 Water Works Dr., Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19130 | Map It
- Phone: 215/236–9000
- Website: www.thewaterworksrestaurant.com
- Location: Benjamin Franklin Parkway
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. Brunch on weekends.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
That's quite a mouthful, so I'll just use Tinicum for short.
Today was a gorgeous spring day, the first day that really felt like spring all the way through. Happily, this was also the day chosen for ou Read more
We're here! Read more
What would be the best way to get from Philadelphia Convention Center to the airport (for two teachers) Airport Shuttle? Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more