- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Water Works Restaurant
The Water Works Restaurant Review
In the late 1800s these neoclassical structures on the river were a trendy hangout for Victorians passing through. After lying fallow for many years, the place reopened in 2006 as a restaurant and bar that makes full use of the magnificent view from the grand columned terrace. The food impresses, too. Highlights from the menu, American with touches of the Mediterranean and Greece (the owners are Greek), are the grilled haloumi cheese appetizer, pan-seared bass in saffron-infused tomato broth, and vanilla-butter poached lobster with truffled mashed potato. This place calls for dressing up—no jeans or sneakers.
- Address: 640 Water Works Dr., Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19130 | Map It
- Phone: 215/236–9000
- Website: www.thewaterworksrestaurant.com
- Location: Benjamin Franklin Parkway
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. Brunch on weekends.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We left New Jersey and went straight to our hotel The Windsor Suites. Read more
A few months ago, a friend of mine got married in a spur of the moment wedding to allow his father to make the wedding before his health went further downhill due to his battle with ALS. Read more
Paul, you indicated that your wife works at West Chester University. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more