- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Water Works Restaurant
The Water Works Restaurant Review
In the late 1800s these neoclassical structures on the river were a trendy hangout for Victorians passing through. After lying fallow for many years, the place reopened in 2006 as a restaurant and bar that makes full use of the magnificent view from the grand columned terrace. The food impresses, too. Highlights from the menu, American with touches of the Mediterranean and Greece (the owners are Greek), are the grilled haloumi cheese appetizer, pan-seared bass in saffron-infused tomato broth, and vanilla-butter poached lobster with truffled mashed potato. This place calls for dressing up—no jeans or sneakers.
- Address: 640 Water Works Dr., Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA, 19130 | Map It
- Phone: 215/236-9000
- Website: www.thewaterworksrestaurant.com
- Location: The Benjamin Franklin Parkway
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. Brunch on weekends.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $55 -- Cirque du Soleil Big Top Show near Philly, Reg. $70 Cirque du Soleil
Thanks in advance to all the people here who helped in the planning of this - both last year and this year! Read more
Okay, I'm a philistine when it comes to art; I knows what I likes, and that's about it. Read more
Aloha to all of you,
as we - meaning my better half and I (both in our late twenties) - are planning a four week trip to the east coast of the US, I'd love to hear some suggestions regarding our itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more