- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Franklin Square Review
One of five squares William Penn placed in his original design, this park is now a family-friendly destination. There are two modern playgrounds (for younger and older kids) open year-round. From April through December the square also features a carousel, a food stand with burgers, salads, shakes, and ice cream operated by famed local restaurateur Stephen Starr, and an 18-hole miniature-golf course, whose holes boast scale models of Independence Hall, the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Ben Franklin Bridge, and other local landmarks.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We're here! Read more
We left New Jersey and went straight to our hotel The Windsor Suites. Read more
What would be the best way to get from Philadelphia Convention Center to the airport (for two teachers) Airport Shuttle? Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more