- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Franklin Square Review
One of five squares William Penn placed in his original design, this park is now a family-friendly destination. There are two modern playgrounds (for younger and older kids) open year-round. From April through December the square also features a carousel, a food stand with burgers, salads, shakes, and ice cream operated by famed local restaurateur Stephen Starr, and an 18-hole miniature-golf course, whose holes boast scale models of Independence Hall, the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Ben Franklin Bridge, and other local landmarks.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $55 -- Cirque du Soleil Big Top Show near Philly, Reg. $70 Cirque du Soleil
Thanks in advance to all the people here who helped in the planning of this - both last year and this year! Read more
Okay, I'm a philistine when it comes to art; I knows what I likes, and that's about it. Read more
Aloha to all of you,
as we - meaning my better half and I (both in our late twenties) - are planning a four week trip to the east coast of the US, I'd love to hear some suggestions regarding our itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more