- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Chef Mark Vetri blew into town from New York, where his cooking had garnered all sorts of kudos. This tiny space was formerly home to such stellar restaurants as Le Bec-Fin. The magic of the location seems to be working again as Vetri's deft hands turn out such specialties as spinach gnocchi, wild boar ragu on chestnut fettucine, and a strange-sounding but exquisite dessert known as chocolate polenta soufflé. Diners choose from four seasonal $135 prix-fixe tasting menus, including the inventive degustazione menu made up of a series of small courses of Vetri's design. Some complain that the portions are too small, and all complain that reservations are too hard to come by—the average backlog is two months.
- Address: 1312 Spruce St., Center City East, Philadelphia, PA 19107 | Map It
- Phone: 215/732–3478
- Website: www.vetriristorante.com
- Location: Center City East
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. No lunch. Closed 2 weeks in Aug., 1 week in Jan.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We're here! Read more
We left New Jersey and went straight to our hotel The Windsor Suites. Read more
Hello - Want to plan a summer vacation within driving (up to 10 hours drive) distance of Philadelphia, PA. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more