- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Chef Mark Vetri blew into town from New York, where his cooking had garnered all sorts of kudos. This tiny space was formerly home to such stellar restaurants as Le Bec-Fin. The magic of the location seems to be working again as Vetri's deft hands turn out such specialties as spinach gnocchi, wild boar ragu on chestnut fettucine, and a strange-sounding but exquisite dessert known as chocolate polenta soufflé. Diners choose from four seasonal $135 prix-fixe tasting menus, including the inventive degustazione menu made up of a series of small courses of Vetri's design. Some complain that the portions are too small, and all complain that reservations are too hard to come by—the average backlog is two months.
- Address: 1312 Spruce St., Center City East, Philadelphia, PA 19107 | Map It
- Phone: 215/732–3478
- Website: www.vetriristorante.com
- Location: Center City East
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. No lunch. Closed 2 weeks in Aug., 1 week in Jan.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We left New Jersey and went straight to our hotel The Windsor Suites. Read more
A few months ago, a friend of mine got married in a spur of the moment wedding to allow his father to make the wedding before his health went further downhill due to his battle with ALS. Read more
Does any one know of any St Lucia Day events for this year scheduled around December 13?
In searching the web, it seems as though many have already occurred, which doesn't help. Is it true that Ulrika's Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more