- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App
Chef Mark Vetri blew into town from New York, where his cooking had garnered all sorts of kudos. This tiny space was formerly home to such stellar restaurants as Le Bec-Fin. The magic of the location seems to be working again as Vetri's deft hands turn out such specialties as spinach gnocchi, wild boar ragu on chestnut fettucine, and a strange-sounding but exquisite dessert known as chocolate polenta soufflé. Diners choose from four seasonal $135 prix-fixe tasting menus, including the inventive degustazione menu made up of a series of small courses of Vetri's design. Some complain that the portions are too small, and all complain that reservations are too hard to come by—the average backlog is two months.
- Address: 1312 Spruce St., Center City East, Philadelphia, PA 19107 | Map It
- Phone: 215/732–3478
- Website: www.vetriristorante.com
- Location: Center City East
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. No lunch. Closed 2 weeks in Aug., 1 week in Jan.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
That's quite a mouthful, so I'll just use Tinicum for short.
Today was a gorgeous spring day, the first day that really felt like spring all the way through. Happily, this was also the day chosen for ou Read more
We're here! Read more
My husband, 14 year old son and 11 year old daughter and I are planning to be in Boston on August 16.From there we want to see some East coast highlights. We need to rent a car to drive to Cape cod (mid-week, Read more
· News & Features
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss ... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more
A look at ultra-luxurious airline accomodations and a fascinating visual breakdown of literary storytelling are... Read more