- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- stunning architecture (the lobby bar is unparalleled)
- attentive and friendly service
- modern in-room amenities
- rooms are smaller than some luxury competitors
- street noise can be a problem
- fee for Wi-Fi ($9.95 per day)
- elevators can be slow
- gym is spare
- pricey parking
Check Rates from our Partners
Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia Review
You'll feel like you're checking into the Pantheon when you enter this neoclassical hotel set in a century-old bank building. More than 60,000 square feet of Georgian white marble is sparsely decorated with palms, classical statues, comfortable contemporary seating arrangements, and well-chosen antiques. Ionic columns ascending the height of nine stories dwarf the lobby lounge, and natural light cascades through the oculus of the 140-foot dome ceiling. A drink in the lobby is a treat, even if you're not staying here. Guest rooms are surprisingly small and could use some better soundproofing, but have modern touches like flat-screen televisions, glass-enclosed showers, and lighted makeup mirrors. Let them know if it's your birthday or another special occasion, and they should greet you with champagne. The hotel also offers an iPod walking tour. 10 Arts by Eric Ripert, the hotel restaurant, uses organic local ingredients for its take on contemporary American cuisine.The hotel offers toys for children.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
That's quite a mouthful, so I'll just use Tinicum for short.
Today was a gorgeous spring day, the first day that really felt like spring all the way through. Happily, this was also the day chosen for ou Read more
We're here! Read more
What would be the best way to get from Philadelphia Convention Center to the airport (for two teachers) Airport Shuttle? Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more