- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The restaurant that started Main Street's transformation into a place to go follows a pretty simple approach of making good food that won't leave you hungry. From the parsnip puree that compliments the braised short ribs to the grilled calves' liver with apple potato hash, chef Bruce Cooper (his wife is Jake) does not shy away from bold, rich flavors. The crab cakes are outstanding, and the signature cookie taco makes a great ending. The dining room is a little noisy, but it's done up nicely. Next door they've opened the lower-priced, open-to-the-street Cooper's Brick Oven Wine Bar, serving brick oven pizza (try the short rib or the portabella mushroom and scallops) in a more casual atmosphere, as well as some tasty small plates like the lobster potato pierogies; you can also order from Jake's menu and vice versa.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We left New Jersey and went straight to our hotel The Windsor Suites. Read more
A few months ago, a friend of mine got married in a spur of the moment wedding to allow his father to make the wedding before his health went further downhill due to his battle with ALS. Read more
Paul, you indicated that your wife works at West Chester University. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more