Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
The restaurant that started Main Street's transformation into a place to go follows a pretty simple approach of making good food that won't leave you hungry. From the parsnip puree that compliments the braised short ribs to the grilled calves' liver with apple potato hash, chef Bruce Cooper (his wife is Jake) does not shy away from bold, rich flavors. The crab cakes are outstanding, and the signature cookie taco makes a great ending. The dining room is a little noisy, but it's done up nicely. Next door they've opened the lower-priced, open-to-the-street Cooper's Brick Oven Wine Bar, serving brick oven pizza (try the short rib or the portabella mushroom and scallops) in a more casual atmosphere, as well as some tasty small plates like the lobster potato pierogies; you can also order from Jake's menu and vice versa.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just got back from a 4 day trip down to NJ to visit family. Day 1: 6 hour drive from NH to Glassboro NJ with 4 and 5 year old boy... Read more
That's quite a mouthful, so I'll just use Tinicum for short. Today was a gorgeous spring day, the first day that really felt like spr... Read more