- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Penn's View Hotel
At a Glance
- good service, generous continental breakfast including waffles, romantic atmosphere
- gym is tiny
- rooms facing I–95 can be noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
Penn's View Hotel Review
This cosmopolitan little hotel in a refurbished 19th-century commercial building on the fringe of Old City has its own brand of urban charm. The owner is a well-regarded Italian-born restaurateur who also runs Ristorante Panorama, the downstairs eatery, and Il Bar, with perhaps the best wine cellar in the city. Rooms are comfortable and rather European looking, some with Chippendale-style furniture and floral wallpaper, others with a more modern feel; 12 rooms have fireplaces, and 20 of them also have whirlpool baths. Some have views of the Delaware River.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We left New Jersey and went straight to our hotel The Windsor Suites. Read more
A few months ago, a friend of mine got married in a spur of the moment wedding to allow his father to make the wedding before his health went further downhill due to his battle with ALS. Read more
Does any one know of any St Lucia Day events for this year scheduled around December 13?
In searching the web, it seems as though many have already occurred, which doesn't help. Is it true that Ulrika's Read more
· News & Features
Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.... Read more