- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West
At a Glance
- affordable option on City Avenue
- recently renovated
- lots of large groups such as weddings and banquets
- some complain of poor service
Check Rates from our Partners
Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West Review
This eight-story hotel is a good value in a choice location—like its neighbors, it's close to downtown as well as trendy Manayunk, and its free parking is a huge advantage. Large groups are known to check in—it's a popular venue for wedding parties and banquets—so let someone else wait in line for you while you sink into one of the lobby's spacious lounge area. Guest rooms are decorated in earth tones with sharp, contemporary furniture and a spacious work desk. Complimentary newspapers are available in the lobby. The glass-enclosed pool, which has a retractable roof, gets plenty of natural light.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
That's quite a mouthful, so I'll just use Tinicum for short.
Today was a gorgeous spring day, the first day that really felt like spring all the way through. Happily, this was also the day chosen for ou Read more
We're here! Read more
What would be the best way to get from Philadelphia Convention Center to the airport (for two teachers) Airport Shuttle? Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more