Built in 1889 for a prominent doctor and his family, this ornate mansion is a wonderful place for a B&B. The ground-floor parlor and entryway feature natural cherry and chestnut wood, and the guest rooms have oak floors with elaborate inlays of mahogany, ash, and cherry. In the dining room, guests are served a hot breakfast. An idyllic wraparound porch is perfect for reading a morning paper. One room has a glass-enclosed sitting porch, and five have working electric
fireplaces (two are gas, three are electric). The owners—who live in the building—are avid collectors of Victoriana, so just about every knickknack or piece of furniture is more than a century old. The property has free, on-premises parking.