- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Italian Market Review
It's more Naples than Philadelphia: vendors crowd the sidewalks and spill out onto the streets; live crabs wait for the kill, while it's too late for the lambs and pigs displayed in butcher-shop windows; fresh, seasonal produce is piled high. The market dates to the turn of the last century, when it was founded by Italian immigrants. You'll find fresh pastas, cheeses, spices, meats, fruits and vegetables, and dry goods and kitchen equipment, as well as junky dollar-stores and funky boutiques. These days the market has become more diversified, with the addition of several Mexican grocers, a natural foods grocer, taquerias, a sandwich shop popular with foodies, and several coffee spots.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We're here! Read more
We left New Jersey and went straight to our hotel The Windsor Suites. Read more
What would be the best way to get from Philadelphia Convention Center to the airport (for two teachers) Airport Shuttle? Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more