Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
Smith Civil War Memorial
Smith Civil War Memorial Review
Built between 1897 and 1912 with funds donated by wealthy foundry owner Richard Smith, the memorial honors Pennsylvania heroes of the Civil War. Among those immortalized in bronze are generals Meade and Hancock—and Smith himself. At the base of each tower is a curved wall with a bench. If you sit at one end and listen to a person whispering at the other end, you can understand why they're called the Whispering Benches. Unfortunately, litter is a constant problem here.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just got back from a 4 day trip down to NJ to visit family. Day 1: 6 hour drive from NH to Glassboro NJ with 4 and 5 year old boy... Read more
That's quite a mouthful, so I'll just use Tinicum for short. Today was a gorgeous spring day, the first day that really felt like spr... Read more