- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Mt. Pleasant Review
Built in 1761 by John Macpherson, a Scottish sea captain, Mt. Pleasant is one of the finest examples of Georgian architecture in the country. The historically accurate furnishings are culled from the Philadelphia Museum of Art's collection of Philadelphia Chippendale furniture. According to legend, Revolutionary War traitor Benedict Arnold purchased this house as an engagement gift for Peggy Shippen, but he was banished before the deal was signed.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
That's quite a mouthful, so I'll just use Tinicum for short.
Today was a gorgeous spring day, the first day that really felt like spring all the way through. Happily, this was also the day chosen for ou Read more
We're here! Read more
What would be the best way to get from Philadelphia Convention Center to the airport (for two teachers) Airport Shuttle? Read more
· News & Features
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more