- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Japanese House Review
This reconstructed 16th-century guest house was reassembled here in 1958. The architectural setting and the waterfall, gardens, Japanese trees, and pond are a serene contrast with the busy city. The house is called Shofu-So, which means "pine breeze villa," and has a roof made of the bark of the hinoki, a cypress that grows only in the mountains of Japan. There's also 20 murals by acclaimed Japanese contemporary artist Hiroshi Senju here, as well as monthly tea ceremonies held, for which reservations are required.
- Address: N.Horticultural and Lansdowne Drives, W. Fairmount Park Fairmount Park, Philadelphia, PA 19131 | Map It
- Phone: 215/878–5097
- Cost: $6 adults, $3 college students w/ID, seniors 65+, children 3-18, children under 3 are free
- Hours: Apr.- Oct., Wed.-Fri. 10-4, weekends 11-5; weekends only in Apr. and Oct.
- Website: www.shofuso.com
- Metro Septa 38 bus, Please Touch Museum stop.
- Location: Fairmount Park
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
That's quite a mouthful, so I'll just use Tinicum for short.
Today was a gorgeous spring day, the first day that really felt like spring all the way through. Happily, this was also the day chosen for ou Read more
We're here! Read more
What would be the best way to get from Philadelphia Convention Center to the airport (for two teachers) Airport Shuttle? Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more