Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
Horticulture Center Review
On the Horticulture Center's 27 wooded acres are a butterfly garden, a greenhouse where plants and flowers used on city property are grown, and a pavilion in the trees for bird-watching from the woodland canopy. Don't miss the whimsical Seaweed Girl fountain in the display house. The center stands on the site of the 1876 Centennial Exposition's Horticultural Hall.
- Address: N. Horticultural Dr., W. Fairmount Park, Fairmount Park, Philadelphia, PA, 19131 | Map It
- Phone: 215/685–0096
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Visitor center and greenhouses daily 9–3. Grounds July–Sept., daily 8–6; Oct.–June, daily 8–5
- Website: www.fairmountpark.org/HortCenter.asp
- Location: Fairmount Park
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just got back from a 4 day trip down to NJ to visit family. Day 1: 6 hour drive from NH to Glassboro NJ with 4 and 5 year old boy... Read more
That's quite a mouthful, so I'll just use Tinicum for short. Today was a gorgeous spring day, the first day that really felt like spr... Read more