- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul
Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul Review
The basilica of the archdiocese of Philadelphia is the spiritual center for the Philadelphia area's 1.4 million Roman Catholics. Topped by a huge copper dome, it was built between 1846 and 1864 in the Italian Renaissance style. Many of the interior decorations are by Constantino Brumidi, who painted the dome of the U.S. Capitol. Six Philadelphia bishops and archbishops are buried beneath the altar.
- Address: 18th and Race Sts., Logan Circle, Philadelphia, PA 19103 | Map It
- Phone: 215/561–1313
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Daily 7–5. Sept.–May, mass weekdays 7:15, 8, 12:05, and 12:35; June–Aug. 7:30, 12:05, and 12:35; Sat. 12:30 and 5:15; Sun. 8, 9:30, 11, 12:30, and 5 (no 12:30 in summer).
- Website: cathedralphila.org
- Location: Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We left New Jersey and went straight to our hotel The Windsor Suites. Read more
A few months ago, a friend of mine got married in a spur of the moment wedding to allow his father to make the wedding before his health went further downhill due to his battle with ALS. Read more
Paul, you indicated that your wife works at West Chester University. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more