- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul
Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul Review
The basilica of the archdiocese of Philadelphia is the spiritual center for the Philadelphia area's 1.4 million Roman Catholics. Topped by a huge copper dome, it was built between 1846 and 1864 in the Italian Renaissance style. Many of the interior decorations are by Constantino Brumidi, who painted the dome of the U.S. Capitol. Six Philadelphia bishops and archbishops are buried beneath the altar.
- Address: 18th and Race Sts., Logan Circle, Philadelphia, PA 19103 | Map It
- Phone: 215/561–1313
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Daily 7–5. Sept.–May, mass weekdays 7:15, 8, 12:05, and 12:35; June–Aug. 7:30, 12:05, and 12:35; Sat. 12:30 and 5:15; Sun. 8, 9:30, 11, 12:30, and 5 (no 12:30 in summer).
- Website: cathedralphila.org
- Location: Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We left New Jersey and went straight to our hotel The Windsor Suites. Read more
A few months ago, a friend of mine got married in a spur of the moment wedding to allow his father to make the wedding before his health went further downhill due to his battle with ALS. Read more
Does any one know of any St Lucia Day events for this year scheduled around December 13?
In searching the web, it seems as though many have already occurred, which doesn't help. Is it true that Ulrika's Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more