- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Fireman's Hall Museum
Fireman's Hall Museum Review
Housed in an authentic 1876 firehouse, this museum traces the history of fire fighting, from the volunteer company founded in Philadelphia by Benjamin Franklin in 1736 to the professional departments of the 20th century. The collection includes early hand- and horse-drawn fire engines, such as an 1815 hand pumper, and 1857 steamer, and a 1907 three-horse Metropolitan steamer; fire marks (18th-century building signs marking them as insured for fire); uniforms; other memorabilia; and a 9/11 memorial. There is also a gift shop on site and online.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
That's quite a mouthful, so I'll just use Tinicum for short.
Today was a gorgeous spring day, the first day that really felt like spring all the way through. Happily, this was also the day chosen for ou Read more
We're here! Read more
What would be the best way to get from Philadelphia Convention Center to the airport (for two teachers) Airport Shuttle? Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more