- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Academy of Music
Academy of Music Review
Modeled after Milan's La Scala opera house and completed in 1857, the Academy of Music was the Philadelphia Orchestra's home for its first century. The Academy is now home to the Opera Company of Philadelphia and the Pennsylvania Ballet; the schedule is filled out with performances by major orchestras, theatrical and dance touring companies, and solo artists. It's worth the price of admission to experience the Academy's lavish, neo-baroque interior, with its red velvet seats, gilt, carvings, murals on the ceiling, and huge crystal chandelier.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
That's quite a mouthful, so I'll just use Tinicum for short.
Today was a gorgeous spring day, the first day that really felt like spring all the way through. Happily, this was also the day chosen for ou Read more
We're here! Read more
What would be the best way to get from Philadelphia Convention Center to the airport (for two teachers) Airport Shuttle? Read more
· News & Features
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more