- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Woodmere Art Museum
Woodmere Art Museum Review
This modest-sized museum has trouble drawing a crowd due to its location halfway down the other side of the hill from Chestnut Hill's shops and restaurants. You can spend a pleasant half-hour here, however, taking in the varied modern, 20th-century, and 19th-century art from artists mostly based in the region. Perhaps the best collection is of mid-1900s woodcut and other prints, and the museum has been doing a good job of rotating exhibits and bringing in special exhibitions. There are also some interesting 19th-century Pennsylvania landscapes, and the rooms dedicated to the founder of the museum have spectacularly gaudy vases and furniture from 19th-century Europe. The grounds have varied modern outdoor sculpture.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We're here! Read more
We left New Jersey and went straight to our hotel The Windsor Suites. Read more
Hello - Want to plan a summer vacation within driving (up to 10 hours drive) distance of Philadelphia, PA. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more