- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
National Constitution Center
National Constitution Center Review
This 160,000-square-foot museum brings the U.S. Constitution alive through a series of highly interactive exhibits tracing the development and adoption of the nation's landmark guiding document. The heart of the sprawling museum, The Story of We the People, takes you from the American Revolution through the Constitution's ratification to major events in the nation's constitutional history, including present-day events like the inauguration of President Barack Obama, Hurricane Katrina, and the recent economic crisis. Later, you can play the role of a Supreme Court justice deciding an important case, and walk among the framers in Signers' Hall, where you can decide whether to add your signature to the list of Founding Fathers. The facility has 100-plus exhibits, plays host to many events with major historians, authors, and political figures, and also houses the Annenberg Center for Education and Outreach, a hub for constitutional education efforts.
- Address: 525 Arch St., Independence Mall Historic Area, Philadelphia, PA 19106 | Map It
- Phone: 215/409–6700
- Cost: $12 adults, $11 seniors 65 and over, $8 children ages 4-12; active military and children ages 3 and under are free. Group rates available. Upcharges may apply for feature exhibits
- Hours: Weekdays 9:30–5, Sat. 9:30–6, Sun. noon–5
- Website: www.constitutioncenter.org
- Metro SEPTA- The Market-Frankfurt subway line stops one block from the Center at 5th and Market Streets.
- Location: Historic Area
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We left New Jersey and went straight to our hotel The Windsor Suites. Read more
A few months ago, a friend of mine got married in a spur of the moment wedding to allow his father to make the wedding before his health went further downhill due to his battle with ALS. Read more
Does any one know of any St Lucia Day events for this year scheduled around December 13?
In searching the web, it seems as though many have already occurred, which doesn't help. Is it true that Ulrika's Read more
· News & Features
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new ... Read more
Intergalactic photos of unbelievably beautiful star formations and swirling clouds above Earth's surface... Read more
The week after Thanksgiving means it's time to kick your planning mode into high gear.... Read more