- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
National Constitution Center
National Constitution Center Review
This 160,000-square-foot museum brings the U.S. Constitution alive through a series of highly interactive exhibits tracing the development and adoption of the nation's landmark guiding document. The heart of the sprawling museum, The Story of We the People, takes you from the American Revolution through the Constitution's ratification to major events in the nation's constitutional history, including present-day events like the inauguration of President Barack Obama, Hurricane Katrina, and the recent economic crisis. Later, you can play the role of a Supreme Court justice deciding an important case, and walk among the framers in Signers' Hall, where you can decide whether to add your signature to the list of Founding Fathers. The facility has 100-plus exhibits, plays host to many events with major historians, authors, and political figures, and also houses the Annenberg Center for Education and Outreach, a hub for constitutional education efforts.
- Address: 525 Arch St., Independence Mall Historic Area, Philadelphia, PA 19106 | Map It
- Phone: 215/409–6700
- Cost: $12 adults, $11 seniors 65 and over, $8 children ages 4-12; active military and children ages 3 and under are free. Group rates available. Upcharges may apply for feature exhibits
- Hours: Weekdays 9:30–5, Sat. 9:30–6, Sun. noon–5
- Website: www.constitutioncenter.org
- Metro SEPTA- The Market-Frankfurt subway line stops one block from the Center at 5th and Market Streets.
- Location: Historic Area
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We're here! Read more
We left New Jersey and went straight to our hotel The Windsor Suites. Read more
Hello - Want to plan a summer vacation within driving (up to 10 hours drive) distance of Philadelphia, PA. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more