- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Founded in 1805, this is the city's most prominent auction house and America's oldest. Specialty departments include fine paintings, American and European furniture and decorative arts, 20th-century design, and rare books and prints. It's known for Pennsylvania impressionists, Colonial-period Pennsylvania furniture, and lately for a growing presence in modern and contemporary furniture and art. Freeman's auctioned one of the original fliers on which the Declaration of Independence was printed and posted throughout the city. It sold for $404,000 in 1968. Check out its Web site for info on upcoming auctions.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We're here! Read more
We left New Jersey and went straight to our hotel The Windsor Suites. Read more
What would be the best way to get from Philadelphia Convention Center to the airport (for two teachers) Airport Shuttle? Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more