- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
It's no secret that, like in the rest of Philadelphia, spring and fall are the best times to visit. However, Chestnut Hill and Mount Airy, the leafiest sections of the city, are also noticeably cooler during the summer. During the winter, most of the historical sites in Germantown are closed (due to a lack of heaters), but in October the Revolutionary Germantown Festival centers on a re-enactment of the Battle of Germantown. On weekends, Germantown Avenue in Chestnut Hill and Manayunk can be congested with traffic. If you've never driven on cobblestones before, now's your chance—Germantown Avenue is still full of them.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's