- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Independence Hall: The United States literally got its start in this modest redbrick building, where the Declaration of Independence was signed and the U.S. Constitution was adopted.
Liberty Bell: Yes, the bell really does have a giant crack, but more importantly, it still resonates as a symbol of the right of all Americans to be free.
National Constitution Center: Check out the museum's clever interactive displays demonstrating to young and old alike the relevance of our nation's founding document.
The Curtis Center: Don't miss the building's stunning glass mosaic mural, The Dream Garden, which was crafted by the Louis C. Tiffany Studios from a painting by Maxfield Parrish.
Franklin Square: If you're traveling with kids, avoid history overload with a stop at this public park, which has playground equipment, a food stand, a carousel, and a miniature golf course.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe