- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Philly Art and Crafts Galleries Walk
Philadelphia is an excellent hunting ground for arts and crafts, particularly in Rittenhouse Square. Begin downtown, with Chestnut and Walnut, two major shopping streets.
Schmidt/Dean Gallery. Between 16th and 18th streets you can find some wonderful galleries specializing in contemporary art, such as Schmidt/Dean Gallery, which presents paintings by local artists. 1710 Sansom St., Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia, PA, 19103.
You can find contemporary art in trendy Old City as well, by venturing down Chestnut Street on foot or by bus to 3rd Street.
Works Gallery. For a great selection of craft-oriented fine art in mediums including glass, ceramics, fiber, and jewelry, head to Works Gallery. 303 Cherry St., Old City, Philadelphia, PA, 19106.
Snyderman Gallery. Snyderman Gallery sells fine art, studio furniture, and beautiful glass pieces. Philadelphia, PA.Updated: 08-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's