- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Philly's Best BYOBs
The scarcity and high cost of liquor licenses available to Pennsylvania restaurateurs combined with the absence of a law prohibiting patrons from bringing liquor into a restaurant has resulted in an active bring-your-own-bottle (BYOB) scene in Philadelphia.
Natives know that BYOBs have the most flavorful food and atmosphere, not to mention a bill that is easier to digest. Bringing your own is penalty-free—there's no extra charge for corkage. Here are some of our favorite BYOBs.
Dmitri's, Queen Village
KooZeeDoo, Northern Liberties
Marigold Kitchen, West Philadelphia
Matyson, Rittenhouse Square
Modo Mio, Fishtown
Pumpkin, Center City WestUpdated: 08-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's