- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Planning Your Time
You can tour by car (get a good city map), starting near the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Signs point the way, and the historic houses have free parking.
If you leave the driving to the Philadelphia Trolley Works, your narrated tour will take 40 minutes. If you drive yourself, you'll need about two hours. Add another 20-30 minutes for each historic house you tour. Animal lovers can spend half a day at the Philadelphia Zoo, while parents of children nine and under will want to spend a full morning or afternoon at the Please Touch Museum at Memorial Hall, the hub of a new district celebrating sites that were part of the 1876 Centennial Exhibition.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe