- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The heart of Center City is an easy 10- to 15-minute stroll from the Historic Area, or about a 20- to 25-minute walk from Penn's Landing. To orient yourself, Broad Street (the name for what would be 14th Street) serves as a delineation for Center City East and Center City West, while City Hall, located at Broad and Market streets, is the diving line for north-south addresses on the numbered streets. You also can use SEPTA bus lines on Market or Walnut streets, or the underground Blue line on Market Street, to reach points west of the Historic Area or take the PHLASH, which runs seasonally. The City Hall SEPTA station is a major hub that includes connections for the north-south Orange Line, as well as the east-west Blue and Green lines.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $55 -- Cirque du Soleil Big Top Show near Philly, Reg. $70 Cirque du Soleil