- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Barnes Foundation: This singular collection of impressionist and postimpressionist work is scheduled to open its new Philadelphia home in 2012.
Eastern State Penitentiary: Gangster Al Capone lived in this model prison, which in the 19th century influenced the designs of penitentiaries around the world.
The Franklin Institute: Walk through a giant artificial heart, gaze at the stars in the planetarium, and learn all about science and technology at this interactive museum honoring founding father, inventor, and scientist Benjamin Franklin.
Logan Circle: One of William Penn's original four squares is now a circle with the graceful Swann Fountain, representing the Delaware and Schuylkill rivers and Wissahickon Creek, as its centerpiece.
Philadelphia Museum of Art: Modeled after a Greek temple, the building itself is a work of art, but you'll want to head inside to see one of the nation's greatest art collections.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe