Swimming in Philadelphia
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
12th Street Gym. After doing laps in the 25-meter indoor pool at the 12th Street Gym, you can relax on a poolside lounge chair. The staffers pride themselves on keeping the pool spotless. Day passes are $20. 204 S. 12th St., Center City, Philadelphia, PA, 19107. 215/985-4092. www.12streetgym.com.
Philadelphia Sports Club. From Memorial Day weekend through September, Philadelphia Sports Club opens a large outdoor pool for swimming laps or just cooling off. An extensive sundeck furnished with lounge chairs surrounds the L-shaped pool. Lifeguards are usually on duty. Day passes are $15 if you're with a member, $30 without a member. 220-250 S. 5th St., Society Hill, Philadelphia, PA, 19106. 215/592-8900. www.mysportsclubs.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $55 -- Cirque du Soleil Big Top Show near Philly, Reg. $70 Cirque du Soleil