- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Pennsylvania Dutch Convention & Visitors Bureau is the welcome center for Pennsylvania Dutch Country, with a wide selection of brochures, maps, and other materials, as well as direct connections to hotels. There's also a multi-image presentation, "Lancaster County: People, Places & Passions," which serves as a good introduction to the area. It's open Monday-Saturday 9-6 and Sunday 9-4 in summer. The Mennonite Information Center serves mainly to "interpret the faith and practice of the Mennonites and Amish to all who inquire." It has information on local inns and Mennonite guest homes as well as a 20-minute video about the Amish and Mennonite people. It's open Monday through Saturday 8-5.
Mennonite Information Center (2209 Millstream Rd., Lancaster, PA, 17602. 717/299–0954 or 800/858–8320. www.mennoniteinfoctr.com.)
Pennsylvania Dutch Convention & Visitors Bureau (501 Greenfield Rd., Lancaster, PA, 17601. 717/299–8901 or 800/723–8824. www.padutchcountry.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's