- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue
The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue Review
The Hershey Story, which replaced the Hershey Museum, is an highly interactive facility that tells all about the life and work of Milton S. Hershey, who founded the town bearing his name and just about everything in it. On display are a working Hershey Kisses wrapping machine and other memorabilia from the company's long history. A highlight is the Chocolate Lab, where you can take classes on grinding cocoa beans by hand, and tempering, molding, and dipping chocolate. Café Zooka offers a range of light meals, snacks, desserts, and a sampler of hot chocolates from around the world.
- Address: 63 W. Chocolate Ave., Hershey, PA 17033 | Map It
- Phone: 717/534–3439
- Cost: $10 for museum or chocolate lab only; $17.50 for museum and chocolate lab class
- Hours: Jan. daily 10-5; Feb.–mid-June, daily 9–5:30; mid-June–Labor Day daily 9–7; mid-Sept.–Dec., daily 9–5:30.
- Website: www.hersheystory.org
- Location: Hershey
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
That's quite a mouthful, so I'll just use Tinicum for short.
Today was a gorgeous spring day, the first day that really felt like spring all the way through. Happily, this was also the day chosen for ou Read more
We're here! Read more
What would be the best way to get from Philadelphia Convention Center to the airport (for two teachers) Airport Shuttle? Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more