- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mount Hope Estate and Winery
Mount Hope Estate and Winery Review
The Mount Hope Estate and Winery is an elegant 19th-century mansion surrounded by a vineyard. The mansion and its gardens are on the National Register of Historic Places. Originally built in 1800 in Federal style, the house was renovated in 1895 with Victorian flourishes and enlarged to its current 32 rooms. Turrets, hand-painted 18-foot ceilings, Egyptian marble fireplaces, gold-leaf wallpaper, and crystal chandeliers are just some of the decorative elements. The winery bottles about 30 vintages; complimentary tastings are held in the wine shop. Call ahead for tours of the house.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
That's quite a mouthful, so I'll just use Tinicum for short.
Today was a gorgeous spring day, the first day that really felt like spring all the way through. Happily, this was also the day chosen for ou Read more
We're here! Read more
What would be the best way to get from Philadelphia Convention Center to the airport (for two teachers) Airport Shuttle? Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more