- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Planning Your Time
The state-of-the-art visitor's center at the Gettysburg National Military Park is an essential stop to fully comprehend the significance of the battlefield and its impact on the outcome of the Civil War. Plan on spending at least three to four hours at the museum; the admission includes a documentary film and the "Battle of Gettysburg" cyclorama painting. Families with younger children who are concerned about short attention spans may wish to spend less time at the museum and opt instead for a free ranger talk. Rather than attempting to drive around the sprawling battlefield, you're better off hiring a certified guide for a two-hour tour. The guide not only will explain the events in compelling detail, but also drive your vehicle, so you don't have to worry about navigating the sprawling battlefield.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's