Pennsylvania Dutch Country Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Amish country life: Experience a traditional way of life that continues despite the intrusion of the modern world.
Lancaster's Central Market: Visit the nation's oldest continuously operating farmers' market, which dates to the 1730s.
Plenty in store: Shop till you drop in Adamstown, a small town with three major markets—Renninger's, Stoudt's Black Angus, and Shupp's Grove—selling all manner of antiques, collectibles, and coins.
Gettysburg Battlefield: This sacred ground offers a stirring history lesson about the U.S. Civil War. The new Gettysburg Museum and Visitor Center is worth a visit in itself, with state-of-the-art exhibits and the Gettysburg Cyclorama, an 1884 painting of Pickett's Charge, which if unfurled would be longer than a football field.
Sweet times: You can't go wrong with a visit to a place inspired and built by chocolate—Hershey—site of a grand hotel, famed amusement park, and other attractions. And in the humid summer months, cool down with some ice cream while learning how it's made at the Turkey Hill Experience.Updated: 08-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's