- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
They're quiet towns now, but Columbia and other river communities were bustling in the days when boats were one of the easiest methods of transporting goods. Eighteenth-century Quaker missionary John Wright worked in this area, and two of his sons set up a ferry that became an important destination for settlers moving west. Today there are several museums and the tranquil countryside to explore.
Columbia at a Glance
Elsewhere in Pennsylvania Dutch Country
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's