- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
From Philadelphia the most direct route to Bucks County is Interstate 95 north, which takes you near sights in the southern part of the county. From the last exit before you cross into New Jersey, you can turn left (north) on Taylorsville Road and then right (east) on Woodside Road to head directly to Route 32, which runs along the Delaware River past Washington Crossing Historic Park. New Hope is about 40 mi northeast of Philadelphia.
Bucks County is a large area—40 mi long and up to 20 mi wide—and is almost impossible to tour without a car. Main roads are River Road (Route 32), U.S. 202, and Route 611. One great pleasure of a visit here can be exploring country back roads.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe